St Andrew's Cathedral (Metropolitan Cathedral Church of St Andrew) is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Glasgow on the North Bank of the River Clyde. It was designed by James Gillespie Graham in the Neo Gothic style in 1814 and is dedicated to the Patron Saint of Scotland, St Andrew.
The need for a Roman Catholic church came as freedom of worship had been granted and an influx of Irish immigrants created a need for somewhere to worship. The Cathedral was finished in 1816, but took longer than expected to complete as Protestants would sabotage the work during the night. The cathedral is modest in size, and has no steeple or bell tower due to restrictions on Catholic buildings at the time.